See the cosmos on display! Learn the basics of astrophotography and how to capture the night sky using your DSLR camera.
Learn how to capture the wonders of the cosmos with DSLR astrophotography. Astronomical deep-sky telescopic images and wide field night-sky photographs taken and processed by Tanja and Cory are displayed and explained in detail – As presented at the 2014 Photo and Film Expo in Johannesburg.
In this video we discuss everything a beginner needs to know about taking successful astro photos.
- Equipment required
- Lenses – Determining your FOV and how to focus.
- Camera settings – Regardless of camera make – we discuss optimal shutter speed, ISO and aperture – and how they all work together to make superb photos.
- Image composition – How to find and frame your images.
- Pre-processing and post-processing of night-sky photography in an open-forum style.
- Deep-sky astronomical imaging basics and processing examples are explained in a way where the beginner to advanced photographer can understand and gain insight into the methods required to achieve success.